Welcome Single Parents

Come in - be real and get real answers and advice. Take what works for you and leave the rest.



Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

When to rest...

One of the things I've found as a single parent, even one in a relationship, is that there is NEVER any time "to myself." My youngest is up before I am and my oldest is going to bed as late as I am. By the time I am ready to settle down and just think about a few things, I can't! My mind becomes mush! When my head hits the pillow at night, I am out like a light. So when does it come? The time, that is....

I am dating a wonderful man. Well, dating? We can't really call it that. We do life together; as much life as time will allow. We don't live together and we opt for it to be that way. There isn't much time for "dating." And really, as a single parent, I have to make my kids my priority so I don't go out galavanting around town much, with out them. But then, what was I saying earlier about, time to myself?

I think that if I can manage getting myself alone here and there, I might find that I'm a better mom and partner afterwards. But how? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment